The key to preaching, then, is to make the message of the text obvious. Help people to see it and feel it. Help people to understand the text.
Why does repetition help? Because, more than anything else, repetition regulates the information flow. If you preach, this short book is one worth picking up and getting some ideas from.
- Saving Eutychus on Apple Books;
- Soul Surfer Johnny Returns : More Wild Adventures...As The Puerto Grinds!
- Broken Sight (The Face of the Deep);
- Reading Through the Bible – Acts 20 – Mayer Community Church;
- Saving Eutychus?
Share this: Twitter Facebook. Posted on Saturday, November 2, Sign up to receive chapter 1 of my brand new book Breathing Room. This chapter alone is probably worth the price of the book. Chapter 6 takes a turn into matters related to delivery. The following chapter gets into an important but also oft neglected matter.
I am speaking of course of critique, and here readers are introduced to both the importance of friendly constructive criticism and how to go about securing it. Finally, in chapter 8, Campbell walks readers through the current sermon he was preparing at the time of writing and then lets us read the manuscript.
Then, Millar offers a critique using the form that they employ in their preaching groups. They then switch roles, and after an appendix of resources, the book comes to a switch end. I would highly recommend this book to you if you are ever regularly preaching or teaching the Bible.
Book Review: Saving Eutychus, by Gary Millar and Phil Campbell
Particularly valuable too is the feedback form employed in the critiques that I would strongly suggest every pastor allow their elders to make use of. In the end, this is a top-notch on book on preaching the gospel well from the whole of Scripture and I hope it gets a wide readership!
- Saving Eutychus: How to Preach God’s Word and Keep People Awake; By Gary Millar and Phil Campbell.
- ISHIKI MUISHIKI NO NAZO O TOKU (Japanese Edition)!
- The Color of Hope (The Color of Heaven Series Book 3)!
- Saving Eutychus: How to Preach God’s Word and Keep People Awake - Logos Bible Software Forums.
- 8 Advantages of Heart-changing, Expository Preaching!
- Tutte le fiabe (eNewton Classici) (Italian Edition).
- Good Bogey - Bad Bogey (Chatter Free Golf Book 1)?
Welcome to my blog! Have a look around and use the icons below to connect with me!
Resources for Bible Study.
Related Saving Eutychus: How to preach Gods word and keep people awake
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved